If you love the taste of tangy lemon in sweet treats, then these bliss balls are most definitely for you!
With a smooth cheesecake-like consistency, a delicious syrupiness on the tongue, and a zesty lemon accent to finish the sensation, what more could you want to satisfy an indulgent craving? ANY indulgent craving?
Take a look at the ingredients, there are only five and they are wonderfully nourishing.
Cashews: Packed with protein, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper and manganese. With a high copper content, the consumption of cashews helps the body utilize iron and eliminate free radicals, develop bone and connective tissue, and produce skin and hair pigment melanin.
Almonds: Extremely high in Vitamin E - a powerful antioxidant that protects our cells from damage and helps to maintain a healthy heart and healthy blood vessels. Almonds are a great source of manganese, biotin, and copper. Almonds also provide a source of magnesium, vitamin B-2 and phosphorous.
Lemon: One raw lemon (without the peel) provides 51% of daily vitamin C needs as well as small amounts of thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese.
Coconut Oil: The healthy fat that stops sugar cravings, boosts metabolism, supports immunity and aids digestion.
Dates: Iron for your blood, fibre for roughage, vitamin A for your eyes, potassium for your heart, B-vitamins, and tannins... Dates are one of the healthiest foods in the world!
I was pleasantly surprised (shocked) as to how good these tasted! Made from scratch from my own head… I have to admit, I was really proud of these special little treats. And now I am proud to share these with you!
LEMON CHEESECAKE BLISS BALLS
Makes: 6-7 heaped tablespoon-sized bliss balls
Soaking Time: 4 hours at least
Setting Time: 1 hour
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Fat & Calories: Who cares when you’re eating healthy… Come on!
1 cup of cashews soaked
1 heaped tablespoon of organic coconut oil*
½ cup of raw almonds
1. Soak the cashews in filtered water for at least 4 hours.
2. Meanwhile, place the almonds into a processor and pulse until a rough crumb is achieved. Transfer the almond crumb into a wide based container. This is for coating the bliss balls later on.
3. After soaking, drain the cashews.
4. In a processor, combine the cashews, dates, the zest and juice of one lemon, and the coconut oil. Process for 5 minutes, or until a smooth cheesecake-like consistency has been achieved.
|Smooth cheesecake-like consistency|
5. Scoop the mixture into a bowl and place in the refridgerator for an hour (at least) to set.
6. Roll a heaped tablespoons worth of mixture into a ball.
7. Roll the ball in the almond crumb until the surface is completely coated.
8. Place balls in the freezer until ready to serve.
9. Keep your lemon cheesecake bliss balls stored in the freezer.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!